Monday, December 27, 2010

Thankful For My Husband

Being without Gregg really makes me realize how much I need him.  He is such a good husband and I overlook that every day.  He helps out so much with the boys and he always has...to the point I didn't realize how much until he's not here to do the things he does on a daily basis.  They're not earth-shattering things, but they mean so much...especially to a working mom.  Things like get Will his dinner and Micah a bath and ready for his last feeding just as I get home from work.  Things like make sure there aren't dishes everywhere when I get home.  Things like helping with the laundry...especially folding (why is that the worst part?).  He does all of this on top of working hard full time to provide for our family.  He is such a good man...and I can see him relying more on God every day.  I'm actually starting a new job in January and believe it or not he had a lot to do with that.  He saw a situation in which he thought he needed to intervene for the best interest of his family...he just did it.  Even though it was my career, he stepped up to his role as leader and decision maker for our family and just made the move.  I am so thankful for him.  I don't tell him enough.  Wish he was here so I could tell him to his face, but I think I'll do the next best thing and pick up the phone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment