Thursday, December 9, 2010

Guess Who's Mobile...Sort Of

Micah has been rolling for weeks...just once or twice...back to belly, belly to back.  But just within the last few days or so, he's kind of figured out that he can get places by rolling.  So he's never in one spot anymore.  Gone are the days where I can set him on a blanket with a toy and make dinner.  Nope.  Now he's across the room before I can turn on my burner.  I find him all sorts of places now.  Yesterday I found him sucking on the leg of the coffee table (gross!), today wedged up against the wall in our room.  As I sit here writing this he's found his way over the ottoman and is now stuck!  So out came the baby gate so he doesn't go rolling down the stairs.  

Him rolling all over my floor also means I have to vacuum more...stink!  It's amazing how much dust and dirt accumulates in one day!  Oh, well.  Gives me incentive to clean, and  Lord knows I need incentive.  BUT, him rolling all over also means I have leverage to get new carpet sooner (mostly joking...mostly.  It is purple, you know).  This kid spits up a lot, so now instead of a little pile of puke on his blanket, there is a little trail of puke leading from point A to B.  We'll see...I suppose if we replace it too soon, we'll just have puke on the new carpet.  Either way, watching him figure out his new set of...um...wheels has been fun.  Will never figured out the rolling thing.

On another note, one of Will's favorite things to do is play hide-and-seek.  Problem is he only has one hiding place...makes the game go by much more quickly!
He thought Micah needed to play, too so he pestered me until I let him put him in his favorite hiding spot (with some protection, of course).
He looks amused, doesn't he?  That's all for now.  Gotta rescue the littlest man from the ottoman!

3 comments:

  1. Cute! Love the hide and seek pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How old is Micah? I hardly lie Theo down! He doesn't like it and our house is so dirty! He's 6 months and is never going to crawl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's five months now...always wants to be on the floor so he can roll around. He absolutely loves it! Isn't it funny how different kids can be? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete