Thursday, November 4, 2010

So Thankful...

I have been doing a lot of complaining lately.  Mostly with respect to my job.  I was going to title this entry "Trapped" because I feel like I'm trapped at work.  Not at this job in particular, but just the fact that I have to work.  The fact that it takes time away from my boys and my responsibilities around the house.  My attitude has been horrible regarding the whole situation.  But God has been doing A LOT of work in me in this area.  I feel He has really been convicting me lately and I have had a lot of time to reflect on it this week.  I have been able to come out of it extremely thankful for what He has given me and allowed me to do.  He has provided me with a wonderful family and a job that allows me to work less than full time and odd hours so I can be home a lot with my boys...especially during the week when Gregg is at work.  Because of this they can spend less time at daycare (although I LOVE my daycare providers) and I can spend more quality time just enjoying them...dancing around the kitchen with Will to the Cars soundtrack or "talking" with Micah as he explores his newly found voice - so sweet.

I mean, just look at these boys....
...aren't they sweet?  And it's doubly sweet to watch Will grow more and more attached to Micah.  It is going to be so cool to watch these boys become friends.  Makes me smile just thinking about it. :)

Just a few small updates on the boys here...
My big boy Will...he's 3&1/2 and in preschool.  He LOVES his teachers and loves learning.  Although he's speech and language delayed and possibly somewhere on the Autism spectrum (still too early to tell), he is incredibly smart.  I love to watch him grow and develop.  He is Mr. Independent, wanting to try everything for himself.  We have been having some great afternoons at the parks around town, enjoying the unseasonably warm weather.  I love this boy!
And Micah...this boy is so sweet.  Always smiling...okay, almost always smiling!  He's been looking at his hands a lot lately...trying to figure out exactly what they're there for.  Most of the time they end up in his mouth where he shoves them so far back he gags himself.  Even that is cute!  I forgot how much fun and amazing it is to watch them reach little milestones.  Anyway, that's enough raving from me.  I am just so thankful for how God has changed my perspective this past week.  Please pray that I continue in this line of thought and I "do everything without complaining or arguing, so that I may become blameless and pure, a child of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which I shine like a star in the universe."  -Phil 2:14-15

1 comment:

  1. Oh Martha it is such a blessing watching you be a wife and mother depending on God. Watching you blesses me so much. What you said made me think of how much I complain about our house and all. I need to accept what God has given me. You know I share with people that we aren't suppose to complaint but I need to take a dose of my own medicine. Thanks for putting the verse up. You are so precious to me. Gregg is as well. Oh those boys are so sweet. Lately I've been overwhelmed by God's love and grace. He never ceases to amaze me. I thank God that you are such a woman after God's own heart. I will be praying for you. Martha I love you so much. I'm blessed to be your mother.

    ReplyDelete