Sunday, November 21, 2010

I Love My Sister-In-Law...

Really I love all THREE of my sisters-in-law.  I have learned so much from each one of them and I look forward to many more good times with each one of them.  This post, however is about April.  She is the only one I have in town and I am SO thankful to have her close.  I am extremely sad to say that I have not always had this attitude.  Before coming to Christ, I was extremely self-centered (aren't we all?) and pretty much thought my opinion was the be all, end all of everything.  When my brother met April and they decided to get married, I didn't think it was a good idea....they were too young, it was too fast, it was too...you get the picture.  Even on their wedding day, when they had their first baby...I was not supportive, not loving, not welcoming.  God has really opened my eyes over the past few years to this, and it has really made me re-evaluate some things. 

Living close to her, I have been able to witness what an awesome witness April is for Christ through both her words and actions.  The thing about April is she lives what she believes.  Her words are backed by her actions.  She is a wonderful wife...a gentle and loving wife.  She is an awesome mother.  She is a great friend...a wonderful, forgiving friend.  She continues to challenge me in my walk with Christ just by the way she lives.  I am so thankful to have her in my life and for the grace and mercy God (and April) has shown to me through all this.  She didn't have to be my friend...she could have returned my nasty attitude...but she didn't...she never did.  She chose to be like Christ and forgive.  Thank you, April!  Love you loads!

1 comment:

  1. Martha you bless me on how God is at work in your life and how much you allow God to change things. I am learning so much from you. I just love you so much. I agree with you about April. She really does live her life for Christ. Martha I just love you so much. Our relationship has been through a lot but I'm thankful to God for healing it. I thank God that He gave you to me so that I could be your mother.
    Blessings to you my wonderful daughter.

    ReplyDelete