Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ain't Nothin' But a God Thing

I don't even know how to start this post except to say...we sold the house!!  Cue the music...it ain't nothin' but a God thing, baby...  Oh, c'mon...am I the only one who has a pre-salvation love of Snoop Dog?  Okay, maybe.  I probably just lost half my readers (all two of you). But, anyway...the story...

Our realtor was over to the house Monday morning to take pics and video so we could finally get our house on the market.  He told me to be ready for lookers by Tuesday afternoon since it usually takes a while for new listings to show up on the MLS.  So you can imagine my surprise when Monday evening I had a realtor call me asking if she could show my house in half an hour.  I was in the middle of making dinner...and it was one of those lazy nights when you make breakfast for dinner, so we had bacon cooking.  Um, yes, do you want to buy my house?  What's that smell?  Frying pig...that okay with you?  So I flew around the house...cleaned up dinner, opened windows, turned on fans, lit a candle and ran out the door.  Yes, I know leaving a lit candle is totally unsafe, but would you like to buy a house that smelled like bacon?  I didn't think so.

So we went out to eat...I didn't want to cook anyway.  I don't really remember talking much about the house or if we thought the lookers might be interested, but on our way home we got a call from our realtor.  For some reason when Gregg answered the phone I just knew it was him and when he said, "You're joking"  I knew we had our first offer.  Long story short, within 24 hours of our house hitting the market we had an accepted offer.  And I thought our house sale in Indiana was fast at two and a half weeks....we just broke a record, folks! 

Now I know that things can fall through...inspections go bad, financing goes south, whatever.  But right now it's never been more clear to me that this is what we're supposed to be doing and I'm trusting Jesus that this will work out.  Now our prayers have shifted from providing a buyer to providing a new home.  We'd appreciate if you'd pray with us!

1 comment:

  1. That is great news!!!

    Btw, the smell of bacon would have me sold on the house. I read somewhere to bake an apple pie right before a showing. (I know a little different than bacon) But that gives it a homey feeling and I guess as long as they are not vegans or are against pork, bacon would do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete