Thursday, February 2, 2012

Where Did My Baby Go?

 
It's the curse of being a momma.  Life happens and all of a sudden your baby's not a baby anymore.  This has become so apparent to me over the past month or so with Micah.  This kid is all of a sudden a toddler who's developing his own little personality that is both extraordinarily cute and extremely frustrating at times.  He certainly keeps us on our toes, but at the end of the day I always find myself thanking God for this incredibly sweet little boy He's given us.


This kid is fun-loving and trouble-finding to the max.  He is into everything and is the reason we have gates up at our bathroom and kitchen doors.  For some reason the cupboard with all the cleaning products and the garage are favorite places for this kid.  Things I never had to worry about with Will, like making sure the toilet is inaccessible, are daily realities now.  Seriously, why is that germ-infested bowl of water so appealing?  Everything is an adventure for him and the "Wow!!!!" that he interjects into almost all situations is so incredibly infectious you can't help but let yourself indulge in his little pleasures as well...except the toilet...I draw the line there!


And you can probably tell from the pictures this kid likes to eat...always has.  He's getting a little pickier as his independence grows...has his favorites.  Cheese (chee), cookie, and yogurt (yo-gee) are at the top of his list and he will hold out as long as he thinks necessary at meal time (or any other time for that matter) until you give in to his request.  Now, before you make judgements on my parenting style, I've limited myself to giving in only once a day...there's no way I can resist this face for more than 24 hours and the look on his face  when you finally relent to his request for a slice of processed American goodness is priceless. :)  And by the way, he can down a piece in five seconds flat...I'm not kidding.


Having Micah has definitely been good for all of us...including Will whether he thinks so or not.  Will is learning ever so slowly it seems what it means to be a big brother...sharing your toys isn't easy, you know...and there are many fights that have to be broken up.  Right now it's more like mommy coming to Micah's rescue...which of course he's figured out.  He's a master at drama showcased by his high-pitched screams if Will comes within a foot of him...hence the Christmas card this year! :)  There are other times though when Will is overcome with brotherly love so I hear, "Micah, I love you" actually fairly often these days...although it's usually followed within minutes by some sort of disagreement.  Hey, I'll take what I can get!


Micah Man, Micah Moo, Micah the Destroyer, Micah the Moose (I think his doctor gave him this one)...so many nicknames he's acquired over these past 19 months.  The ear-piercing screams that can be a sign of sheer happiness or frustrated anger has actually caused us to liken him to one of the Nazgul from Lord of the Rings.  The resemblance is uncanny, don't you think?


Oh, my little Micah Moo...I could go on and on about you.  Your kissable face and sweet voice make you irresistible to me.  Even though it makes me a little sad to see you grow, I'm so excited to see what the Lord has in store for your life.  I'm so glad I get to be your momma!


No comments:

Post a Comment