Saturday, January 29, 2011

So Glad We Came...

So we made it.  After 19+ hours of driving we are finally here in Louisiana.  The boys did great...actually a lot better than I did but I think that's because they were able to sleep.  I can never get good sleep in the car.  I'm not going to give too many details as of right now, because I'm not really sure if they're mine to give, but I want to give you all ways you can be praying for the whole Schmidt family right now.

We came down here on an unplanned visit.  (I am so thankful I have a boss that so graciously allowed me to go - even on my first week of work.)  Eric had a procedure to help him breathe better the other day...a fairly routine procedure, but it did require him to be put on a ventilator.  The procedure went fine, but it has been proving difficult to get him off the vent, hence our visit.  I will say that things are happening very quickly and they don't look good.  Please, please pray for strength for the family right now.  Especially Eric's wife Laura, but also for Gregg and his parents.  We know God is in control here...he is the author of our lives and none of this has happened outside of his sovereignty.  We want to praise him during this time, but it is hard to have joy when things just don't feel very joyful.  Pray for comfort for everyone and that we remember we are here to glorify our maker.  Eric did that every day, and we want to do the same.

3 comments:

  1. Honey, we are praying for you and the whole family. I will mention this at church and the Bible study I go to on Thursday mornings. I read the journal entry for today. Praise God for a boss like the one you have. The one fact that I'm learning in the study of Isiah is that our God is definitely in control of things no matter what. God knows what He is doing. I'm glad that you guys made it there safely. We love you and will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will continue to pray for strength and comfort! I am so thankful you got to go down as well to be with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been praying for you guys, especially the last few days, and for Eric and Laura too. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete