Sunday, April 3, 2011

Deer Poop and Other Random Stuff

So, it's been well over a month since I've posted anything...actually didn't think I'd ever get back around to blogging.  But, alas...here I am.  What have I decided to blog about after my long hiatus?  That's right...deer poop...and a whole lot of it.  This comes after me spending more than an hour yesterday picking up deer poop in our back yard.  That's right...more than an hour.  Worst part of it is, I'm only about a fifth of the way done.  Disgusting.  Not only deer poop, but rabbit poop, and fox poop, and whatever random dog roams into our yard poop.  How fair is this?  I don't own a dog, and for very tangible reasons like - I don't like to pick up poop!!  What the heck?!?!?  I guess that's what I get for buying a house in a somewhat rural area. 

Well during my hour of fun, I had plenty of time to think.  At first it started off with practical things...spiritual things...how can I put into practice what I've learned through my Bible study this week?  Then my mind turned more to things related to the task at hand...
1) Man, this is A LOT of poop!   I live on a golf course...do they pay someone to pick all this up off the golf course?  Or do the deer know not to poop there?  Maybe that's their dining area and my yard is their bathroom.
2) I just found the chore the boys are going to hate the most, but the one I'm going to love passing off the most!
3) My thoughts turned to childhood memories like the time we were out Christmas tree hunting and my brother decided to pick up a cow pie.  Then remembering how funny it was when he figured out what it was.  (This was after I hear Will saying, "look, mom, poop!" and to my horror I turn around to see him sitting in poop with some poop in his hand.  Then I freak out like any good mom and make him go inside and wash up.)
4) Will was out there with me the whole time (minus the wash up session) which made me think about how much I love having boys and how much I'm going to LOVE spending the summer outside with them playing in the grass with rocks and bugs (I won't be touching any bugs, mind you). 

Funny how your mind wanders when you let it...  Well, I'm sorry if I've just disappointed (or grossed out) any of my followers (if I have any), but this is my life, people!  Here are some random pics of the boys to make up for the gross factor of this post...enjoy!

 Brothers...so sweet when they wanna be!

 "I love helping daddy with the dishes!"  Yeah, let's just hope this lasts!

 Crazy hair day at preschool...not too happy about it in the morning - he begged me to wash it out, but then...

 Lovin' it at the end of the day...he thought he was the COOLEST!

 Our new found passion...painting!

 Concentrating very hard.

 And then there's Micah...so excited about life.  Every day is an adventure!

Another sweet bro' moment.  Love these boys!

4 comments:

  1. You didn't gross me out, but I sure don't envy your task! That would definitely be the first chore I gave my kids when they were able :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up!! I've missed you... so glad you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA HA!!!! Too funny! Having boys is wonderful! The pictures are wonderful too. When my older boys had crazy hair day I put little tiny pony tails all over their hair and colored each one a different color. The other one had three mohawks. As I was driving them to school they started freaking out that it might not be crazy hair day. One was in tears begging me to take it out. After school they also thought it was the coolest. It made me smile seeing you went through something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious! Oh my!! Those boys sure are cute! Love the crazy hair. :)

    ReplyDelete