Sunday, October 31, 2010

Welcome to Our Blog!

So, I'm finally doing it...really starting a blog.  Hopefully this will be a good way for friends to keep up with us, although there's not much to keep up with!  So why do I feel like we're running all the time?  I used to think life after school would be so much easier...we'll be less busy, we'll have more time to just enjoy each other and good friends..we'll have more time to READ OUR BIBLE!  Wow, did I get a rude awakening after I graduated.  The speed of life seemed to double.  And now that we have two little men in our house, it has become exponentially harder to do the things we want to and SHOULD do.  Lord, help us...seriously.  I find myself constantly praying for a desire to be in His Word more, pray more, grow more.  And sometimes I feel like He's not listening, because another day will go by and I won't open my Bible.  That's when I am thankful for the truth of His Word.  1 John 5:14-15 says, "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of Him."  Amazing!  I know He hears me, and I am thankful for that.

So now that I have succumbed to the fact that life isn't going to slow down, I'm trying to embrace every moment of this life and live to glorify God in all that I do (big emphasis on "trying").  The truth is, life is a race with a huge prize at the end.  Many times in the New Testament Paul likens the Christian life to a race.  So I am praying that every day God gives me the strength and determination to "press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 3:14

So that's what this is all about...you can run with us as we press on toward the goal, raise our boys, and hopefully leave a lasting impression for Christ in how we live our lives!  Thanks for listening!

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading and keeping up with your family. You are so missed.
    ~ Trina

    ReplyDelete